I have been doing graphic design professionally since graduating from San Diego State University with a B.A. in Arts, emphasis in Graphic Design in 2003. I currently work at Acer Computers in the Silicon Valley as their Creative Manager with over 13 years of experience. I design just about everything from brochures and magazine ads to floor displays, end caps and trade show events. I also do extensive design work on the web including landing pages, splash pages, email blasts, web banners and interactive tours. I manage Acer's Digital Assets Management sites for our retailers and product tours using Webcollage that can be found throughout the web such as Amazon and Best Buy. I also manage the majority of the projects including budgeting, scheduling, brand guidelines, shipping requirements, press checks and execution. Basically, I'm a jack of all trades. Working at Acer has helped me fine tune my leadership skills, communication, multitasking and working under tight deadlines in the ever changing business of technology.
I am advanced in the latest versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office Suite with an understanding of Dreamweaver and Flash. I'm also knowledgeable in Oracle, Sharepoint and other business management tools. I also have extensive knowledge in pre-press software, mailing requirements, designing for print and a 5-color press.
2002 San Diego State University - Bachelor of Arts with an emphasis in Graphic Design.
Relevant courses: Typography, corporate identity, package design, digital design, marketing, publication design, multi-media, drawing and illustration
Advanced: (PC and Mac) Adobe Creative Cloud, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint and content management systems
Intermediate: Flash, Print Shop Mail Pro and Dreamweaver
Acer Computers 2009-present (San Jose, CA) Creative Manager
• Responsible for managing and coordinating the entire creative process from concepts, materials, pricing and scheduling to final execution for all retail partners in North America.
• Work with partners and retailers such as Intel, Microsoft, Best Buy and Walmart ensuring branding guidelines, specifications, requirements and objectives are accurately executed.
• Design point-of-purchase displays such as end caps, kiosks, window and floor displays.
• Design print advertising such as brochures, postcards, magazine ads and catalogs..
• Responsible for designing Acer’s CES showroom the past 5 years consisting of 5 showrooms, welcome center and all printed materials associated with the show.
• Design packaging for various products ranging from notebook packaging, seasonal bundles to accessories for U.S, Canada and Mexico regions.
• Responsible for managing and creating assets for third party online advertising solutions and marketing partners, continually exceeding the average click thru rate.
• Design digital media such as web banners, landing pages, rich content and email blasts.
Gateway Computers 2007-2009 (Irvine, CA) Senior Graphic Designer
• Design trade show marketing materials such as hanging banners, posters, trade show booths, contests and other materials for trade shows.
• Design brochures, flyers, postcards, magazine ads, inserts and various other print materials.
• Design point-of-purchase materials such as end caps, kiosks and floor displays.
• Manage and directed all product photography. This includes creating a photography shot list, direction and leadership for the shoot, contracting photographers as well as a re-touching studios.
• Manage Gateway’s digital assets management site as well as usage rights for over 30 retailers.
• Design web banners, e-mail blasts, splash pages and landing pages for Gateway, Gateway International, Acer, Best Buy and other various vendors.
Spectrum Marketing, LLC. 2004-2007 (Carlsbad, CA) Graphics Department Manager
• Managed the graphics department consisting of 4 designers and a plate maker.
• Design direct mail pieces ranging from postcards, brochures to billboards.
• Placed monthly purchase orders (P.O.) for all supplies within the department.
• Managed competitive bidding between suppliers.
• Extensive knowledge of five color press in order to design print and use pre-press Preps and AGFA software.
Blue Pine Brewery 2015 Designed the companies logo used throughout there brewery including beer glasses, signs, coaster and shirts.
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse 2004 Designed promotional and seasonal posters for their Del Mar location.
O.C. Performing Arts Center 2003 Designed student and teacher interactive study brochures.
San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina 2003 Designed an outdoor poster menu for their Yacht Club restaurant.
The Villain Tees Company 2002 Designed there corporate identity package which included a company logo, business card, letterhead, and packaging label
• Manage and create online rich content using Web Collage generating over $16 million in incremental sales annually.
• Continually exceed average click thru rates for all online creatives.
• Member of National Association of Photoshop Professionals.